Here's what you get:
- Up to 56 days interest-free credit on purchases when you settle your monthly outstanding balance in full
- Low interest on monthly instalments with the HSBC Ready Credit Plan
- Shopping, dining and leisure offers from 19,000 merchants worldwide
- Free supplementary cards to share with family members
- Pay your utility bills with your credit card
- Access to the Cedar Lounge at Rafic Hariri International Airport Beirut with a companion
- Access to your card account as well as your HSBC Current and Savings accounts at any HSBC ATM worldwide
- Manage your credit limit online, with the ability to transfer money between your HSBC accounts, check your balances, and pay your credit card bills
Credit Shield Plus***
Credit Shield Plus is an optional facility which offers you a waiver of the outstanding balance on your credit card in the event of your Death, Permanent Total Disability or Critical Illness and 10% of your monthly outstanding balance for up to 6 months in the event of Involuntary Loss of Employment for employed eligible cardholders or Temporary Total Disability for self employed eligible cardholders.
In addition to the above in case of Death, Permanent Total Disability or Critical Illness of the Primary Cardholder, a payment of up to USD 5000 will be paid by MetLife ALICO directly to the card holder or the beneficiary.
This feature costs only 0.60% of your monthly outstanding balance.
A worldwide, annual multi-trip insurance policy that automatically protects you and your family against travel inconveniences. It gives you:
- Emergency medical expenses for accidents and sickness: up to USD 50,000 per person, per trip
- Emergency medical evacuation: up to USD 25,000 per person, per trip
- Flight delays in excess of 12 hours: up to USD 250 per person, per trip
- Baggage loss: up to a maximum of USD 500
- Baggage delay: up to USD 25 per hour up to a maximum of USD 500 in excess of 4 hours
- Death repatriation: up to USD 5,000
The policy also covers the insurance requirements for obtaining a Schengen visa.
Purchase protection and extended warranty
Your HSBC Platinum Card gives you comprehensive protection at no extra cost:
- Purchases over USD 50 are automatically insured against theft or damage
- Extended warranty covers your HSBC Platinum Card purchases over USD 50 for double the period if the original manufacturer's warranty period is applicable, not exceeding 24 months from the date of purchase
- Purchases up to USD 1,500 per item. Up to USD 5,000 per occurrence and up to a maximum of USD 20,000 in a year per cardholder, subject to a maximum liability of USD 1,000,000 for all claims under both purchase protection and extended warranty in any one insurance year of this policy
Access your account, anywhere.
Pay your card bill quickly and easily via phone and internet banking. See the table below for more details on other easy payment options:
|Easy payment options||How to pay your HSBC Platinum Credit Card bill:||How long it takes to be credited to your account|
|Free bill autopayment service||Set up a standing instruction to debit your HSBC Current or Savings account every month. Pay 5% to 100% of your monthly outstanding balance.||1 working day|
||Transfer money to your credit card account.||1 working day|
|Cash deposit machines||Pay your bill instantly by depositing cash at any of the HSBC Cash Deposit Machines in Lebanon.||1 working day|
|ATMs||Transfer money from your HSBC Current or Savings account to your HSBC credit card, from any HSBC ATM in Lebanon.
Or deposit cash or cheques at any HSBC ATMs in Lebanon.
|2 working days for cash payments
7 working days for cheque payments
|Branches||Deposit cash or cheques at any HSBC branch in Lebanon. You may be charged a fee if your cheque is not honoured.||1 working day for cash payments
7 working days for cheque payments
|Phone Banking||Call our Phone Banking Service at 01-36HSBC (4722) to transfer money to your HSBC Card account.||1 working day|
|VISA PLATINUM||VISA GOLD||VISA CLASSIC|
|Primary card annual fee||USD 225||USD 150||USD 60|
|Supplementary cards (shared or separate limit)||2 free|
|Minimum payment||5% of outstanding balance or USD 50 (whichever is higher)||5% of outstanding balance or USD 25 (whichever is higher)|
|Finance charge on purchases per month*||1.75%||1.9%||2%|
|Finance charge on cash advances per month*||2%||2%||2%|
|Cash advance fee||3% (min USD 10) per withdrawal|
|Card replacement fee||USD 15 for Personal Banking, USD 10 for Advance and, free for Premier customers|
|Late payment fee||USD 20|
|Over-limit Fee||USD 20|
|Copy of sales slip/credit card statement||USD 10|
|Returned cheque fee||USD 5 if Personal Banking or Advance. Free for Premier|
|Charge for disputing a transaction subsequently found to be genuine||USD 25|
|Access to HSBC Current/Savings Account through HSBC ATMs||Inside Lebanon - free, Outside Lebanon Enquiries - free, LBP 5,000 per withdrawal|
|Access to HSBC Current/Savings account through Visa/Plus/Cirrus ATMs||LBP 10,000 per withdrawal|
|Access to HSBC Current/Savings account through Bankernet/ATMs||USD 0.87 per transaction|
|Foreign currency transactions
(Card transactions not in your billing currency will be converted at a wholesale market rate attracting a processing fee)
|Up to 3%|
|Charges for issuing paper statement||USD 1 per statement|
|Deposits in USD notes||0.25% min. USD 7 (if above USD 1,000) for Personal Banking,
Under USD 10,000: free and over USD 10,000: 0.2% for Advance,
Under USD 10,000: free and over USD 10,000: 0.15% for Premier
1. Charges listed are primarily in USD. Depending on the currency of the account, some fees may be based in LBP.
2. Any fees listed in this booklet apply to normal transactions. The bank reserves the right to levy additional charges for services at its sole discretion.
3. Other expenses, such as fiscal stamps, postage, cable, fax charges, etc. not included in this list will be charged where incurred.
4. Charges for any services not mentioned in this booklet will be available upon request.
5. All terms and conditions mentioned in this booklet are subject to change without notice.
*Subject to increase by 1% in case the cardholder is one or more payments overdue. Original finance charge rates will be re-instated when all overdue payments have been made.
Take the perfect companion with you on your travels – the HSBC Platinum Credit Card.